TRAVELLING OUTSIDE HONG KONG AND MACAU
Say goodbye to the hassle of carrying cash or looking for currency exchange agents while travelling around the world. Remember to activate the overseas transaction function before traveling.
Conveniently use your ATM card issued by our member banks with the China UnionPay (CUP) logo to withdraw cash and check your balance at any ATMs worldwide bearing the “UnionPay” logo.
Through our partnership with the MasterCard/Cirrus ATM network you can use your ATM card issued by our member banks with the MasterCard/Cirrus logo to withdraw money in local currency or perform account enquiries worldwide.
Security when abroad
Activate or deactivate your ATM card for transactions overseas via JETCO ATMs before or after traveling outside Hong Kong and Macau.
This function complies with the mandates of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Autoridade Monetária de Macau.
Setting of overseas withdrawal limit
Follow the 4 steps on the right to set start date, end date and overseas daily withdrawal limit.
VISITORS TO HONG KONG AND MACAU
China UnionPay (CUP), MasterCard/Cirrus and Taiwan’s FISC cardholders can withdraw cash and check their account balance through selected JETCO ATMs bearing the “UnionPay” , “MasterCard/Cirrus” and “FISC” logo in Hong Kong and Macau.
For visitors with Diners Club, Discover and JCB cards, getting cash is easy too. Withdrawal is available at selected JETCO ATMs in Hong Kong and Macau.
Find the ATM nearest to you supporting China UnionPay (CUP), MasterCard/Cirrus, Diners Club, Discover, FISC or JCB networks.
- Where can I find JETCO ATM?
You may find and locate a JETCO ATM through our ATM Locator. By selecting the desired Region, Area and District, a list of JETCO ATMs will show up on the map indicating the supported services and currencies, along with the exact address of the specific ATM. The number of displayed ATMs will indicate only the ATMs of the selected District. To find an ATM of another District, simply select from the “District” menu at the top of the ATM Locator.
- Is there a service charge for making cash withdrawal?
There is no service charge if the cash withdrawal is performed in the legitimate region (Hong Kong or Macau) of the card issuing bank. But if the cash withdrawal is performed across the region (e.g. cash withdrawal with an ATM card issued in Hong Kong through Macau ATMs) or through non-JETCO member banks’ ATMs, a service charge will be involved. (Please refer to the “List of JETCO member banks“)
- Is there a cash withdrawal limit?
Yes. Different JETCO member banks will have different maximum and minimum transaction amount for every cash withdrawal made through an ATM.
- What can I do if no cash is dispensed from the ATM after making cash withdrawal?
If the money has been deducted from your bank account, please contact your card issuing bank or the bank that provides the service.
- What can I do if the ATM does not eject my card or if I forgot to take the card?
Please contact your card issuing bank for assistance immediately.
- What can I do if I forgot to take the cash from the ATM after making a successful transaction?
The ATM will take back the cash if it remains there within certain period of time. We advise you to contact your card issuing bank or the bank that provides the service.
- Under what circumstances that my transaction will be rejected?
- If your bank account has insufficient money, your transaction will be rejected.
- If the service is not supported by your bank, the transaction will be rejected.
- If the service does not allow cross region transaction, the transaction will be rejected.
- Can I withdraw RMB from my RMB account?
Currently, a customer may withdraw RMB notes from his/her RMB account through the ATMs of its own bank only. Customers are advised to check with their bank for the availability of such service.
Some JETCO ATMs offers RMB exchange service that enables customers to withdraw RMB notes from non-RMB accounts.
- Can I make cash withdrawal outside Hong Kong?
JETCO cardholders can withdraw cash through ATMs with “JETCO” logo in Hong Kong and Macau.
Customers with CUP cards issued by JETCO member banks can also enjoy cash withdrawal and balance enquiry service in the Mainland China.
Customers with Cirrus card can perform cash withdrawal and balance inquiry through ATMs with “Cirrus” logo all over the world.
- For a Hong Kong customer, is there a service charge for making cash withdrawal outside Hong Kong? Similarly, for a Macau customer, is there a service charge for making cash withdrawal outside Macau?
A service fee, determined by individual card issuing bank, will be charged for each cash withdrawal made outside your region.
- What is the foreign exchange rate used when I make cash withdrawal through ATMs outside my region?
The foreign exchange rate of the day will prevail for all cash withdrawals and it is also subject to the rate provided by individual card issuing bank.